Today bronchial asthma belongs to the category of complex respiratory diseases. The main feature of this disease is that it is almost impossible to get rid of it completely. The main cause of asthma is considered to be an allergic reaction to various kinds of irritants – it is dust, odors and even certain foods. Medical scientists still have not clarified the factor of why some people have allergy it is transformed into bronchial asthma, while others do not. The main cause of the pathology is considered to be weakened immunity and congenital susceptibility to the disease.
Causes of bronchial asthma
- Allergy. The most common cause of the development of the disease becomes an allergic reaction of the body to external stimuli: dust or chemical odors;
- Medicines. Whatever it is surprisingly but most often the cause of the development of asthma becomes acetylsalicylic acid. The main problem is that an asthma attack caused by a reaction to acetylsalicylic acid, comes suddenly and is distinguished by great strength, including almost all asthma symptoms and not only.
- Stress. Staying under constant stress can also often lead to the onset and progressive development of asthma.
Signs of bronchial asthma
Asthma is a complex affliction, as in some cases it may even be fatal. But besides this, the danger exists in the fact that there is no clear set of signs that determine asthma. The whole point is that the symptoms will depend on many factors, here both the age, the strength of the immunity, and the actual reaction of the body, and therefore treatment of bronchial asthma – it is serious and sometimes long.
The five major signs of asthma
- Prolonged cough occurring suddenly;
- Dyspnea for no apparent reason;
- Chest tightness;
- Sharp bouts of severe suffocation.
It often happens that a certain category of people, the initial signs of asthma similar to the symptoms of the initial stage tuberculosis (long and hard cough). Accurately determine which disease is present in a patient can only be a doctor.
Sharp attacks of breathlessness are often a sign of neglected diseases. Do not self-medicate.